These are NOT the lazy days of summer at our church! We continue to do God’s work despite the heat. This summer so far:
- We served ice cream and water to the thirsty Pitman Parade goers on the 4th of July
- We’ve boxed and distributed over 600 lunches to students in the Pitman school district, and we expect to exceed our goal of 1,000!
- Our Vacation Bible School was a smashing success for over 20-30 children each day with a fun “Go Fish” curriculum that included theme-related snacks, songs and activities, written by our own Amanda Lawless
- The talented Mike Jurkiewicz and John Ridge have built new cupboards at the base of the stairs to the Social Hall, making a home within reach for all the items needed to host Family Promise families
- Thanks to special donations, we’ve installed lovely new window treatments in Room 20 and the Music Office
- On July 10, Levite Sunday, a group of volunteer workers spiffed up inside the church, while a yard crew spread 10 yards of mulch to refurbish the playground
- Presbyterian Women came through again with two practically back-to-back funeral luncheons led by Carol Schoepske – kudos to PW on your tasteful work, and an invitation to any woman who attends our church: you’re welcome to join a Circle! Look for the schedule in the bulletin and join us for loving fellowship – just show up, or contact Sandy Lovelace for more information
- We started another host week for Family Promise families on July 25 – our church members step up to the plate to feed and care for homeless families for a week every six weeks
- Let us not forget those who have planted and kept our flowers and Angel Garden watered and thriving despite the heat
We are quite a team!